TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|1. The following terms of business apply to the service agreement signed by you and referred to as “your agreement”. It supersedes any previous agreement you may have signed with us for the same service. This agreement is the commercial equivalent for accommodation in a hotel. The client accepts that this agreement creates no tenancy interest, leasehold estate or other real property interest in the client’s favour with respect to the other accommodation. The client must comply with all Terms and Conditions and all House Rules which Starlite (UK) Ltd imposes.
SERVICES INCLUDED IN YOUR FEE
2. Furnished Office Accommodation: We hereby agree to provide the number of serviced and fully furnished rooms for which you have agreed to pay the amount stated in your agreement. Your agreement lists the rooms we have initially allocated for your use. You will have a non-exclusive right to the rooms allocated to you. Under some circumstances, we may need to allocate different rooms, but these will be of equivalent size and we will try to agree these with you in advance.
USING THE ACCOMMODATION
3. On moving in: You will be asked to sign an inventory of all accommodation, furniture and equipment you are permitted to use, together with a note of their condition and details of the keys or entry fobs/cards issued to you. You may only have as many people working in your accommodation as there are workstations.
4. The nature of your business: You must only use the accommodation for office purposes, and only for the business stated in your agreement or subsequently agreed with us. Office use of a retail nature or use involving frequent visitors is not permitted. You must not solicit Starlite clients either directly or indirectly. You must not use the name of Starlite in any way in connection with your business.
5. Taking care of our property: You must take good care of all parts of the business centre, its equipment, fixtures, fittings and furnishings which you use. You must not alter any part of it. You are liable for any damage caused by you or those in the business centre with your permission or at your invitation.
6. Office furniture and equipment: You must not install any furniture or office equipment cabling, IT or telecoms connections without our consent, which we may refuse at our absolute discretion.
7. Keys and security: Any keys or entry cards which we let you use remain our property at all times. You must not take any copies of them or allow anyone else to use them without our consent. Any loss must be reported to us immediately and you must pay the cost of replacement keys or cards and/or changing of locks, if required. If you use the business centre outside normal working hours, it is your responsibility to lock the doors to your accommodation and to the business centre when you leave.
8. Comply with the law: You must comply with all relevant laws and regulations in the conduct of your business. You must do nothing illegal. You must not do anything that may interfere with the use of the business centre by us or by others, cause any nuisances or annoyance, increase the insurance premiums we have to pay or cause loss or damage to us (including to our reputation) or to the owner of any interest in the building which contains the business centre. You must also comply with any house rules which we impose generally on users of our business centres, whether for reasons of health and safety, fire precautions or otherwise.
9. Insurance: You are solely responsible for arranging insurance for your own property which you bring into the business centre and for your own liability to your employees and to third parties.
10. Access to your accommodation: We can enter your accommodation at any time. However, unless there is an emergency, we will, as a matter of courtesy, try to inform you in advance when we need access to carry out testing, repair or works, other than routine inspection, cleaning and maintenance. We will also respect security
11. Liability: We are not liable to you in respect of any loss or damage you suffer in connection with your agreement, with the services or with your accommodation, unless we have acted deliberately or negligently in causing that loss or damage. We will not, in any circumstances, have any liability for loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of, or damage to, data, third party claims or any consequential loss, unless we otherwise agree in writing. We would strongly advise you to insure against all such potential loss, damage expenses or liability.
12. Information Technology: We do not make any representations as to the security of our network (or the internet) or of any information which you place on it. You should adopt whatever security measures (such as encryption) you believe are appropriate to your circumstances. We do not guarantee any particular degree of availability will be attained in connection with your use of the services.
13. Nature of the agreement: This agreement gives you no right, accept that you share with us the use of the business centre so that we can provide the services to you. The agreement is personal to you and cannot be transferred to anyone else. We may transfer the benefit of your agreement and our obligations under it at any time.
14. Non-payment of Rent: If, for any reason, you fail to pay your monthly invoice, rent, telephone bill or any other costs, within the payment terms of the invoice, Starlite are able to 1. Disconnect your telephone and/or internet line, 2. Change your office room lock, 3. Seize all goods within your accommodation until all outstanding monies are paid.
|15. Duration: Your agreement lasts for the period stated in it and will then automatically be renewed for successive periods equal to the current term but no less than three months until brought to an end by you or us. All periods shall run to the last day of the month in which they would otherwise expire. The fees on any renewal will be the then market price. In all other respects you agreement will renew on the same terms and conditions.
16. When your agreement ends: Upon your departure or, if you, at your option, choose to relocate to a different accommodation within the business centre, an assessment will be made to cover the routine cost of repainting and redecorating the accommodation to return it to its original condition to addition to general maintenance to the common areas of the business centre in which you have had access. We reserve the right to charge additional reasonable fees for any repairs needed above and beyond normal wear and tear. If you leave any of your property in the business centre, we may dispose of it in any way we chose without owing you any responsibility for it or any proceeds of sale. In order to transition your mail and telephone calls from the business centre, you will be required to enter into a continuation agreement with us on our standard terms at the time for three months. If you continue to use the accommodation when your agreement has ended, you will be held responsible for any loss, claim or liability we incur as a result of your failure to vacate on time and we may, at our discretion, permit you an extension subject to a surcharge on the standard fee.
17. Additional Facilities: If, in order to facilitate your accommodation, you have carried out any alterations to the office, or we have done so on your behalf, you would be responsible for reinstating the office back to its original state at the end of your agreement and we are entitled to recover the costs from you for having the work carried out, should you fail to do so.
18. Ending your Agreement: Either of us can terminate your agreement at the end date stated in it, or at the end of any extension or renewal period, by giving at least 3 months’ notice to the other. However, if your agreement, extension or renewal is for 3 months or less, the notice period is 2 months.
19. Ending your Agreement Immediately: If you terminate your licence before the full term, or if we put an end to your agreement immediately by giving you notice because you have become insolvent, gone into liquidation or become unable to pay your debts as they fall due, or you are in breach of one of your obligations which you have failed to put right within fourteen days of a written notice by us, it does not put an end to any outstanding obligations you may have and you must pay for additional services you have used and pay the standard fee for the remainder of the period for which your agreement would have lasted, had it not ended for any of the reasons above and you must indemnify us against all reasonable and proper costs and losses we incur as a result of the termination.
20. Employees: Whilst your agreement is in force, and for a period of six months after it ends, you must not solicit or offer employment to any of our staff. If you do, our loss will be deemed to be the equivalent of one year’s salary for each of the employees concerned and you must pay us damages equal to that amount.
21. Notice: All formal notices must be in writing, via email AND registered post to Starlite Offices Ltd. The notice is only valid when Starlite acknowledges this in writing.
22. Data Protection: You are bound by the Data Protection Act and any subsequent legislation. Your attention is drawn particularly to confidentiality and non-disclosure of information, to which you may have become entitled whilst in our service centre, to any third party for whatever reasons, without prior permission of Starlite.
23. Security Deposit: The security deposit will be held by us as security for performance of all your obligations under your agreement. The deposit, or any balance after deducting, for example, any costs of reinstatement of assets or information technology or telecommunications infrastructure incurred by us, will be returned to you no earlier than 60 days after you have vacated the premises. The payment of the security deposit shall not affect our right to demand payment at any time in respect of any amounts due under this agreement and, accordingly, you will have no right to insist on an offset at any time against outstanding fees.
24. Late Payments: The process of billing by Starlite (UK) Ltd allows you a seven days grace period, during which the payment must be made. If you fail to do so, you will be liable to pay the default charges, which is interest at a monthly rate of 4% above Barclays base rate on your rent and service charges calculated on a daily basis. In addition, there will be an administrative charge of £85. You will not be sent any warning letters as the charges will be invoked automatically. In addition to this, all facilities provided to you will be terminated until payment is made and you will not be entitled to any damages suffered by you or your business.
25. Annual Increase: For agreements of more than 12 months, we will increase your current standard service fee over the previous year by 5% or RPI, whichever is greater; in addition, where we can reasonably show an increase due to a rise in our direct costs for rates, insurance or utilities, that part of the charge will increase in line with the actual costs.
I have read and understood the above-mentioned Terms and Conditions of the Service Agreement